South West's Taylor joins Smart Water Network Forum planning advisory group
South West Water’s operations director for drinking water services, Bob Taylor, is a member of the Smart Water Networks Forum’s (SWAN’s) recently formed new Utility Advisory Group to advance smart water and wastewater networks worldwide beginning in 2018. The group will include six SWAN utility experts from Singapore, Brazil, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Italy.
The group will address “the most pressing utility challenges, regional trends, and research needs.” Its members will also collaborate to support SWAN activities and help guide strategic planning. As well as Taylor, Its members include:
· Michael Toh, Director – Water Supply Network Department at PUB, the National Water Agency
· Wagner Carvalho, Senior Project Manager at AEGEA Saneamento e Participações S.A.
· Eva Martínez Díaz, Responsible for Smart Services – Innovation Department at Aqualia
· Andrew Lee, Deputy Director at Bellevue Utilities Department and
· Emilio Lanfranchi, Water Utility Innovation Manager at MM spa
Taylor said: “From South West Water’s perspective, smart networks are key to delivering improved customer service through a better understanding of network performance and behaviour. This new Advisory Group will form a strong platform for exchanging ideas and will help equipment developers and suppliers within the SWAN network to better understand the needs of our industry.”